Thursday, March 3, 2011

Leader Profile: Lindsey Goldberg

I began studying yoga asana six years ago in a quaint Bikram studio in San Luis Obsipo; enlivened by the discipline and strong sense of yogic community, I have been steeping myself in yogic tradition ever since. My personal practice has evolved a lot since the days in the Bikram studio over the creek; dance and other somatic movement methodologies have infused my awareness, encouraging integration of joy and playfulness while practicing listening to the heart, the body and the breath. I moved to the Northwest in the fall of 2007 to pursue a Master's Degree in Environmental and Art Education. During that time, my passion for spending time outside developed into a deep reverence for the natural world, the birds, the bees, marshland, cattails, soil fertility, biodiversity and the dynamics of weather. Today in my teaching I integrate awareness of the environment into the practice. Practicing out of doors, is rejuvenating, basking in the sunshine or being moved by the winds is an invigorating way to connect to the earth and recognize the delicate interconnections that permeate the dynamic equilibrium of life. Following graduate school, I took a year long sabbatical; I traveled through the Middle East and India. I chose to study and practice with teachers of the ancient wisdom traditions, including Buddhism, Hinduism, Yogic philosophy asana, as well as Tantric cosmology. My personal practice and teaching is rooted in traditional Hatha Yoga and infused with many stories that have informed by path. I am passionate about offering a practice that is restorative, relaxing, joyful and strengthening. I intend to make my offering accessible to yogis of all ages and when we practice together outside, we will attune to the brilliance, the beauty and the deep wisdom of the earth. Today I live in San Francisco, I facilitate youth education programming at Hayes Valley Farm and help maintain Graze the Roof, the rooftop garden at Glide Memorial Church, where I also help to educate and connect the local youth to the project on the roof. I teach yoga in San Francisco and Marin County.


Lindsey will be teaching yoga at three of our garden locations:

Sunday, July 24th [Hayes Valley Farm]
- 8:00 AM: All Levels
- 1:00 PM: Yoga for Kids
- 4:00 PM: All Levels

Sunday, September 25th [Garden for the Environment]
- 8:00 AM: All Levels
- 1:00 PM: Yoga for Kids
- 4:00 PM: All Levels

Saturday, October 15th [Visitation Valley Greenway]
- 8:00 AM: All Levels
- 1:00 PM: Yoga for Kids
- 4:00 PM: All Levels

No comments:

Post a Comment